BAMAKO,
Mali (AP) — A spokesman for the officer who led last year's coup in Mali said
he was taken by force from his home and escorted to see a judge in the Malian
capital.
Spokesman
Lt. Mohamed Boua Coulibaly said that the ministry of defense sent soldiers to
the residence of Gen. Amadou Haya Sanogo on Wednesday to escort him to the
tribunal.
Earlier
this month, a judge issued an order calling for Sanogo to present himself before
the court in order to answer questions regarding his alleged role in the
torture and killings of soldiers who did not back his March 2012 coup.
The
development indicates the government of Mali's newly elected president is
willing to take a stand against Sanogo, who has continued to destabilize the
country.

No comments:
Post a Comment